Wednesday, December 7, 2011

12 Beers of Christmas

With all of the incredible seasonal craft beers available during the holidays I thought it would be cool to showcase 12 different offerings that embrace the spirit of the Christmas season.

For the sake of continuity each “beer find” for my holiday dozen will contain the following information;

-The Beer name and type
 -The Brewery & its location
-Alcohol content
-The beer’s basic taste and complexity
-What food I opted to pair with the beer (If any)
- Why I chose the particular beer to be one of the “12 Beers of Christmas”
Beer Number 12
To kick off the festivities I give you Beer #12 on my holiday list.
10° Below Ale, Imperial dunkelweiss
ScuttleButt Brewing Company, Everett Washington
7.4% alcohol by volume
A medium volume ale very dark copper in color with a sweet aroma and hints of citrus with a  strong chocolate finish
Paired with grilled pork chops & portabella mushrooms in creamed spinach 
 10° Below Ale made the “12 beers of Christmas” list because I have had other Scuttlebutt beers and  really liked them.
Besides the bottle has a Polar Beer wearing a scarf, you can’t get much more Holiday than that.

     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remarks & Comments