Saturday, August 20, 2011

Painted Windows

Do you have your own window in your office, cubicle, classroom, cell block?

That little sliver of glass that separates you from the natural world yet teases your sense of sight with a glimpse of a passing breeze, an approaching storm, or just the warm sunshine.

I spent the first seven years of my career outdoors in the elements at work, and I loved it, the more weather the better.

Then my career went in a “different” direction, more time indoors, things happen…and 3 more years slipped by until the next transfer came along…   

And because everyone has to pay their dues the last 4 years were spent in a position that had left me as conflicted about my career as I have ever been.

4 years of being way to close to politics

4 years devoid of “fair”. 

4 years without a window…

But within the blink of an eye another opportunity becomes available, I pack my things, and I’m off to write the next chapter…

Is it any wonder that “transfer” finds itself in “transformation”?

The new position will come with its share of trials and challenges, but I’m stoked as I pause to gaze out of my new window…




1 comment:

Remarks & Comments