Friday, February 25, 2011

A Tale of Two Pit-Bulls


With the exception of women, there is nothing on earth so agreeable or necessary to the comfort of man as the dog. 
 ~Edward Jesse, Anecdote of Dogs
Looking back at previous post I realize that I have yet to formally introduce my two canine cohorts Whiskey and Ramsey.

I love my dogs so this is a grievous oversight on my part, and the hounds will receive extra kibble for my lack of vision.

First allow me to introduce “Whiskey”, affectionately named after…well, Whiskey. A 52 pound Pit-lab mix.


She’s basically a lemon in the dog world and would probably be recalled if she was an automobile.

See the problem is she leaks, A LOT, in fact she has projectile pee that can come out of her hind parts at high velocity and travel 3 feet before you can utter the word “Nooooooo!!!”

“Whiskey” is our paper tiger, and she was our first adoption after we had to put down our ‘Blitzy” last summer.

There’s nothing more enjoyable that watching her haul A** through the yard, she loves it and I love her for it.

Her speed is truly something to behold and I swear that she knows when and where to “catch air” on our trails.

I don’t think I have ever seen a dog as happy as when Whiskey gets her run on.


Then there is this girl…

"Ramsey” named after Ramsey’s Draft, is a 62 pound Pit-bull with a heart as big as Texas. She’s my girl. I would fight you for this dog.









The story of Ramsey is that my wife and I were at the National Pit-Bull awareness Day looking for a sibling for Whiskey when in strolled Ramsey laid back as ever.

She did the “doggie lean” against my wife and it was over with.
She went home with us that day.

Every single morning without fail Ramsey pops up with her two front paws and big bulbous head to wish us a good morning.

I have seen my share of "mean" dogs and have probably had more contact with “vicious” ones than most. That being said “breed specific” bans and legislation are not the answer. In fact it’s probably one of the most ludicrous things I have ever heard of.

If you want accountability then look no further than the dog’s owner, Saying a dog is responsible for being vicious is the equivalent of saying forks make people fat, are you going to ban those next?


When you hear about a sensationalized attack on the news although often times tragic, think for yourself and filter through some of the BS, there is always a back story to what you see.

Looking to adopt? These guys can point you in the right direction if you’re in the Metro Tri-Cities Richmond area.

Ring Dog Rescue


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remarks & Comments