Monday, May 24, 2010

Of Pirates & Prestige


This blog seeks to pursue the idea that the journey is certainly more important than the destination.
My bike is my “way out”, it’s how I express myself, how I cope, and how I bleed off excessive amounts of angst & energy that are my constant companions.
That being said, a bike is just a simple tool, a device that gets me to where I’m going, both physically & mentally.
I don’t ride as much as I would like, and the balancing act of wants & needs is ever present.
While I understand complete devotion to a single ideal, this blog is not one dimensional in that respect, the bike might be the center piece, but going on a trail run, backpacking, or even dropping a line can also cure what ails you.

If you’re looking for the intricacies of truing a wheel you won’t find it here.

What you will find is a guy who is trying to simplify his life through great craft beer, delicious home cooked eats, and the pursuit of those precious few seconds where you find yourself in the perfect groove on a piece of flowing single track.

1 comment:

  1. I was very shocked to hear you are a blogger, and have a blogging site. But I am very impressed. The food pictures are unreal, looks like something straight out of a fine foods magazine. Tommy

    ReplyDelete

Remarks & Comments