Saturday, May 29, 2010

Morning Glory

After a week full of Alpha personalities be it good or bad, I made it a point to hit the reset button on Saturday morning.

I was on the lake by 7:30 and a combination of overcast skies and heavy fog made for an obscured backdrop as the canoe sliced silently through the copper water.

On my first cast I landed this guy,which hit the bait almost instantaneously as it broke the surface of the water.


You have to respect the fight that even a small bass will put up with light tackle,and after he mugged for his picture he was on his way.

I couldn't help but think, "Oh, it's going to be an epic day for fishing", but as time passed from one hole to another, I realized that the fish did not share my enthusiasm.

I threw the canoe back onto the 4-Runner and made it home by 11:00am to find a fresh pot of coffee and veggies from the Goochland Farmer's market.



Ash had picked up some local sweet potatoes, golden squash, and zucchini, not to mention goat feta cheese.

Ash is the kind of person who can look at a seemingly random hodgepodge of ingredients and make something delicious out of it every time.

For those of you keeping score...
Local Farmer's: One
Micky D's: Zero

No comments:

Post a Comment

Remarks & Comments